Maps For The Journey: A Concise Guide To Navigating Life
We are all on a journey, the long and difficult journey of being human.
Sometimes ecstatic, sometimes traumatic, our lives tend to fluctuate between peaceful ease and consuming chaos. We can easily find ourselves wandering around this planet overwhelmed by the complexity of the challenge, so we seek maps and structures to provide anchoring and meaning; anything to hold onto for a sense of security, a lifebuoy to cling to in stormy seas.
Before we embark on a journey, it helps to prepare by looking at the big picture, to step back far enough to see the overall nature of who we are, where we are going, and what it is all for. A clear overview gives greater purpose and strength to our steps.
The maps offered in this book use the metaphor of a journey:
- we have a vehicle to travel in
- we journey through a variety of terrain
- we seek to arrive at an ultimate destination
These maps represent the completeness of our being, the dimensions of our experiences on this planet, and the wholeness that we seek.
My hope is that presenting these broad maps will give you that clarity. As you venture on through your life, you will provide the specific details, depending upon what you are interested in and drawn towards. Everyone has a unique set of experiences and becomes expert in something or other. The options available to us are almost endless: here are the outlines; you get to do the colouring in!
I look forward to sharing the journey with you.
Finding Our Way
- Body: Dealing With a Flesh-Suit
- Emotions: Painting with the Whole Palate
- Mind: Chattering Monkey or Peaceful Pilot
- Soul: Bringing in the Potential
- Possessions: Putting Luggage into Perspective
- Money: Managing Financial Energy
- Work: Making a Meaningful Difference
- Leisure: Time to Rest and Play
- Health: Towards Balance and Ease
- Friends and Family: Sharing the Trail
- Relationships: Agony and Ecstasy
- Spirituality: Entering the Temple
- Self: Actualised and Authentic
- Others: Connecting and Contributing
- Cosmos: Finding your Place Amongst the Stars
© James Hands 2018 – 2019